Study in Australia - Immigration Specialists Australia
Studying in Australia

International students who have been accepted to study in Australia in a registered Certificate I-IV (except ELICOS) course, diploma, advanced diploma, vocational graduate certificate or a vocational graduate diploma are required to hold an Australian Vocational Training Student visa.

Australia’s Vocational Education and Training (VET) system provides training to students that is both practical and career-oriented. Students studying in Australia can develop their own career path through a mix of study and practical work.

How to study in Australia:

To be eligible to apply for a Vocational Training Student visa, applicants are required to:

  • be enrolled in a registered Vocational Education and Training (VET) course;
  • have adequate English language ability;
  • have financial means to support themselves; and
  • obtain overseas student health insurance cover for the duration of their stay in Australia.


Please discuss with one of our registered migration agents or education specialists which visa stream is most applicable to your individual circumstances.