Study in Australia - Immigration Specialists Australia

Family visa

Couples that wish to bring their fiancé to Australia to get married can apply for the Prospective Marriage Visa. Applicants must agree to marry within 9 months of entering Australia and will be granted a 9 month temporary visa for this purpose.

You need to apply for the onshore partner visa stated above before this visa expires. The applicant must be at least 18 years old and you must have met your intended spouse in person and know him or her personally. This must be the case even if it is an arranged marriage, you and your sponsor met as children and the marriage was arranged before you turned 18 years of age or you met on the internet (exchanging photographs is not evidence of having met in person).

Please discuss with one of our registered migration agents what the latest visa criteria are and how we can assist you with your application.