Study in Australia - Immigration Specialists Australia
Family visa overview

Australian residents, Australian permanent residents and NZ residents can sponsor close family members for permanent residence or migration to Australia.

Family visas include Parent, Partner or De Facto and Fiancé or Perspective Marriage visa classes. Depending on your circumstances and visa type you may be eligible to apply either onshore or offshore, please double check with our visa specialists which visa class you may be eligible for.

Parents visas
more information

Parents with at least half their children living permanently in Australia may be eligible for a parent visa which gives them permanent residence in Australia. Parents over a certain age may be eligible to apply for an onshore ‘aged parent’ visa which allows them to remain in Australia on a bridging visa during processing.

Please be aware that processing times for the Parent visa applications are very long, in access of 15 years at present. There may be circumstances in which you may be able to speed up this process. Please discuss with one of our specialists what is the fastest way to bring your parents to Australia.

Partner visas
more information

Australian citizens and permanent residents can sponsor partners for migration to Australia. To sponsor a partner, you must either be married, in a defacto relationship, have a registered relationship or be engaged.

There are restrictions on how many times you can sponsor an applicant/partner. Department of Immigration and Border Protection may chose to conduct partner interviews during processing of visa applications. Applicants may apply onshore or offshore depending on the visa class and individual cirmustances.

Fiancé or Prospective Marriage Visa
more information

Couples that wish to bring their fiancé to Australia to get married can apply for the Prospective Marriage Visa.

Applicants must  agree to marry within 9 months of entering Australia and will be granted a 9 month temporary visa for this purpose. This is a temporary visa class meaning that you will need to apply for another visa within the 9 month period or leave Australia.


Please discuss with one of our registered migration agents how to apply for one of these visas and what the best pathway is for your continued stay in Australia.