Study in Australia - Immigration Specialists Australia
Employer visa

The ENS visa is for skilled workers from outside Australia or skilled temporary residents who live and work in Australia. It has three streams:

  • The Temporary Residence Transition stream is for subclass 457 visa holders who have worked for two years and their employer wants to offer them a permanent position.
  • The Direct Entry stream is for people who have never, or only briefly, worked in the Australian labour market.
  • The Agreement stream is for people sponsored by an employer through a labour or regional migration agreement.


People can apply for this visa if they:

  • have been nominated by an approved Australian employer
  • are less than 50 years of age (exemptions apply)
  • meet the skills, qualifications and English language requirements.


This visas enables employers to sponsor highly skilled workers for a permanent visa to fill skilled vacancies in their business. Skilled workers can be recruited either from overseas, or from people who are already in Australia on a temporary visa. Employers must be lawfully operating in Australia, the position must provide full-time employment in Australia for at least two years and pay a market salary rate.

Please discuss with one of our specialists which visa stream is most applicable to your individual circumstances.