This is a permanent visa designed for high calibre business people who are owners or part owners of an overseas business and have a genuine and realistic commitment to participate in the management of a new or existing business in Australia.There is no requirement to meet the Business Innovation and Investment points test.
- You must be less than 55 years of age (unless state and territory government waive this requirement if your proposed business will be of exceptional economic benefit to the relevant region)
- You must also be nominated by an Australian state or territory government
- You must lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI) and wait to receive an invitation from Department of Immigration to apply for this visa
The Business Talent Visa is permanent residence visa available to applicants in two streams:
Significant Business History Stream is for people with ownership interests in large businesses and must have:
- net assets of at least AUD400 000 (in a qualifying business) in at least 2 of the 4 fiscal years immediately before you are invited to apply
- total assets of at least AUD1.5 million
- a total annual turnover of at least AUD3 million in at least 2 of the 4 fiscal years
- ownership of at least:
- 51 per cent of a business with turnover of less than AUD400 000 per annum, or
- 30 per cent of a business with turnover of more than AUD400 000 per annum, or
- 10 per cent of a publicly-listed company
Venture Capital Entrepreneur Stream for people who have access to venture capital funding of at least AUD 1 million through an Australian company who is a member of the Australian Venture Capital Association Limited (AVCAL).
Please discuss with one of our specialists which visa stream is most applicable to your individual circumstances.